Monday, June 22, 2015

Fish oil pills might delay my sleepwalking

As part of my investigation of what factor impacts my sleepwalking, I looked at the effect of fish oil because of omega 3 fatty acids vague link with sleep benefits. 

Taking fish oil pills correlates with a small decrease in my average number of sleepwalking events per night, as shown on the graphs below (see graph A).
None of my other sleepwalking scores is affected by fish oil.
Those pills being a blend of different molecules (Omega 3 in general, including DHA, and EPA to name just a few) it is hard at this point to determine which component might be having a beneficial affect
Average values, +/- SEM. % variation and statistical significance are indicated (if less than 1%)
Data exclude nights with clonazepam and are normalized for the effect of coffee and tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment