Sunday, July 5, 2015

Length of time asleep does not correlate with my sleepwalking

As part of my investigation of what factor impacts my sleepwalking, I looked at the effect of the amount of time spent asleep that night, and the night before.
For the night of I don't expect much of an impact, except maybe a decrease in the average time between events if those are evenly spread through the night.
The main question is to see if the amount of time asleep the night before has an impact on the following night. In other words will being partially sleep deprived or particularly well rested affect my sleepwalking?

The amount of time I spend asleep does not correlate with any of my sleepwalking scores for that night as the graphs below show.
Average values, +/- SEM. % variation and statistical significance are indicated (if less than 1%)

Interestingly there also no correlation between the length of my sleep the night before and my sleepwalking scores for the following night, as shown below (graphs G to L).
Average values, +/- SEM. % variation and statistical significance are indicated (if less than 1%)
Data exclude nights with clonazepam and are normalized for the effect of coffee and tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment